Murthabark


Hi everyone. I am sorry as I could not publish many recipes recently as I was busy with my boys. EXAMS and EXAMS which is not over yet and in spite of that I had to organize a dinner for my husband's work mates. I have to take a break for some time. I will try to publish a few recipes before that. Murthabark is one of my favorites and my boys love it. One busy evening I had to buy dinner and I decided to buy Murthabark which I had not tasted before.Once I bought it home it vanished so quickly that I managed to only have one piece. It was a bit too oily and in my recipe I have used very much less oil.I have added some vegetables too. Some pictures may be not clear as I had to take the pictures while making the Murthabark. I have given the quantity for 2 but the picture shows more. Hope you all will like it.

Makes 2
Ingredients

For the dough
3 cups plain flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
water
Filling
250g ground beef or chicken.
1 carrot cut into matchstick pieces.
2-3 capsicums cut into matchstick pieces.
1 onion cut finely.
2 tbsp oil.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
¼ tsp mustard seeds.
½ tsp ginger paste.
½ tsp garlic paste.
1 tsp salt.
½ tsp turmeric powder.
½ -1 tsp chillie powder.
½ tsp coriander powder.
¼-½ tsp cumin powder.
2 tbsp coriander leaves.
2 tbsp mint leaves.

For Assembling
2 eggs.
1 onion cut into small cubes.
100g spring onions cut finely.
100g cheddar cheese grated.
Ghee or oil for frying. 

Method
Filling
Take a wok and heat the oil.
Add the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds.
When it starts cracking add the ginger and garlic paste.
Fry for 2 minutes.
Add the onion and fry till it becomes soft.
If you like add 1 or 2 green chillies
Add the ground beef or chicken and add salt and fry for about 5 minutes. 

When its half done add the turmeric powder and the chillie powder.
 
Fry for 1 minute and add the carrot and mix well.
 
Add the coriander powder and the cumin powder and fry for a few minutes.
 
Add the capsicum and fry for 2 minutes.
 
Add the coriander leaves and the mint leaves.
 
Keep the filling to a side.

Making the Murthabark
Mix the flour, salt and oil.
Add water little by little and make a soft dough like for parata.
Knead well.
Rest the dough covered for 15 minutes.

Make big balls (2) the size of a tennis ball.
Make equal amount of small balls (2) the size of a lime.
Put some oil to a flat dish and rest the balls.
 
Put some oil on top and cover with a cling film.
Allow to rest for at least for 2 hours.
Heat a griddle and apply some oil.
Roll the small balls into very thin round sheet.
Put it on the griddle and cook the roti till its ¾ cooked.
Do not make it cruncy.
Keep this to a side.
Oil the work top with ghee and work a big ball into a very thin sheet.
 
First flatten with oiled palms, now make it thin by pulling the edges. 

Keep a small cooked roti on the middle of this sheet. 

Beat one egg and spread it on top of the cooked roti.

Sprinkle some onions on top. 

Spoon about 4 tbsp beef filling evenly on top of the onions. 

Add some spring onions on top. 

Then add some cheese on top. 

Fold all four corners of the sheets. 




Lift it carefully, using both hands and put it on the preheated oiled griddle.
 
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
Lift the Murthabak up, grease the griddle with ghee and cook the other side until brown. 

Cut into 4 and serve while its hot. 


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. its delicious!!! plz post more easy recipes....!

    ReplyDelete