Dose



Dose is a south Indian dish which I learnt to make when I was in U.K. One of my south Indian friend taught me to make this lovely dish. Even though I have lost contact with her she is always there in my memories.Thank you Laxmi.

Ingredients

4 cups samba or broken rice.
1 cup urud dhal.
5 tsp fenugreek seeds.
2 tsp salt.
Oil.

Method

Wash and soak the rice for 6 hours or more.
Wash and soak the urud dhal and fenugreek together for 6 hours or more.
Its better if you soak it overnight.
Grind well to a fine paste by adding water separately.
Mix the rice and urud dhal mixture together and make a batter.
The batter should be thicker than for pan cakes.
Cover it and keep for it to rise.
It will take about 6-8 hours.
Add salt and mix.
 
Heat a griddle and spread some oil.
Add two big spoons of the batter and make the dose.
 
Use the back of your spoon to make the dose.
Add 1 tsp oil around the dose.

 
Once its cooked fold it into two.
 
Serve it hot with sambar and chutney. 

Note
You can add about one handful of cooked rice when you are grinding the rice as it will help the mixture to rise fast.

Post a Comment

0 Comments