Seeni Sambol



Hello everybody I have come to you after a long break. I had to take a long break for the Ramadan and my boy’s exam. Finely both are over. My youngest son insisted me to publish a recipe today. So here I am. This is a typical Sri Lankan dish which can be served with hoppers, string hoppers, pol (coconut) roti or bread. I am sure you all will love this.

Ingredients
500g onions cut into wedges.
2-3 green chillies.
½ tsp mustard seeds.
Few curry leaves.
1 tsp salt.
¼ tsp turmeric powder.
½ - 1 tsp flaked chillie or chillie powder.
¾ - 1 tbsp thick tamarind pulp.
2 – 3 tbsp sugar.
2 tbsp oil.

Method
Put oil to a pan and heat.
Add the mustard seeds and allow it to pop.
Add the green chillies and the curry leaves and stir for a few minutes.
Add the onions and the salt and keep on frying for about 10 minutes.

 
Once its half done add the turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes. 

Add the flaked chillies and the tamarind pulp and cook for 7-8 minutes.
 
Add the sugar and cook till done for 5-7 minutes. 

Serve with bread, roti, string hoppers or hoppers.

Post a Comment

0 Comments