Egg Roti


Hi friends.
Here I am after a very very long break. It had been a very busy year for me and I had been too lazy to post on the blog. My elder two sons have left abroad for studies. My younger son just completed one of his exams. I was busy with my younger son and as I miss my elder two sons a lot I do not feel to sit near the PC and type. Anyway here I am after a long break.

For 2 servings

Ingredients

3 cups plain flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Water
4 eggs
100g leeks chopped finely
100g carrots cut finely
2 big onions chopped
Salt
Pepper powder


Method

Mix the flour, salt and oil.
Add water little by little and make a soft dough like for parata.
Knead well.

Rest the dough covered for 15 minutes.
Make 4 balls the size of a lemon.

Put some oil to a flat dish and rest the balls.
Put some oil on top and cover with a cling film.
Allow to rest for at least for 2 hours.

Heat a griddle and apply some oil.
Roll the balls into very thin round sheet.



Crack an egg and beat thoroughly.
Heat the griddle on low heat.
Put oil on to the griddle and put the sheet on to it.

Spread the egg on to the middle of the sheet immediately.


Add some leeks.

Add some carrot.

Add some onion.

Allow to cook for few minutes till its done.
Fold two sides. And allow it to cook for 30 seconds.

Fold the other two sides and cook.

Turn on to the other side and cook till done.

Serve immediately. 

Its best eaten while its hot.
Enjoy.................






Post a Comment

0 Comments